Sunday, September 20, 2009

Failure

So, I failed at both of my challenges to myself.

This weekend was a very difficult and busy one. On Friday, Levi and I found out that the house we have been hoping to buy was not going to be available to us by no fault of our own. Needless to say, I was more than a little upset. After a good cry, I ate and drank some things that I shouldn't have. This trend continued through the weekend - on Saturday I and a few friends celebrated Jenny's twenty-third with her which included alcoholic beverages and ice cream consumed by all. Sunday was my "godson's" (I give him this name because I don't know what else to call him) second birthday celebration and I was in charge of baking the cake. I didn't make it through this experience squeaky clean, either...

...but here's the thing...

...I'm totally alright with screwing up this time. I have seen such enormous mental and physical health benefits from implementing these challenges that I'm excited about getting back on track tomorrow and about continuing this eating plan indefinitely. There are more changes to be made to my starch challenge, though, if it can still be called a challenge.

I will allow myself baked good - whole or sprouted wheat are alright. Honestly, if I can read every ingredient and know exactly what they are without using a desktop reference, then I pretty much think it's fair game. In order to guarantee that I am staying true to myself, I will actually begin doing what a promised before - typing out the ingredient lists to my prepackaged food. I'll still not consume extra sugar and desserts like pudding and cake and brownies and chocolate and all of this in excess. Instead, I will evaluate whether I really need a sugar fix and whether it can be satiated reasonably wholesomely.

The biggest change, though, is that this is going to be permanent. And I'm totally stoked :D

No comments:

Post a Comment