Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Eight days in

and I've lost two and a half pounds just by switching to water. This is starting to seem miraculous to me. Benefits I have noticed thus far:

1) Increased energy - I'm no scientist, but maybe this is because I'm ingesting less sugar and not 'crashing' anymore, plus the energy is real and not the manufactured rush given by coffee.
2) Increased productivity - a direct result of the benefit listed above
3) Better sleep - Coupled with the sleep self-hypnosis I've been doing (Hold your tongues! This may sound absolutely insane, but it works.), I've been getting solid rest and have been waking up refreshed thanks to water.
4) Less sugar cravings
5) Elevated mood - this one is the weirdest to me. Don't think water will affect your mood? Wrong-o, buddy. It has a surprising effect (or lack thereof) on how I think and feel. I am more patient and calm than i have been in years. Bizarre.
6) Better and clearer decision-making
7) More focused self-awareness

...and many more. I could go on and on. You might have noticed that most of these changes or benefits are psychological, which is something i didn't expect from the offset. This is turning out to change my life much more that i thought it would.

Thanks for listening, take care of yourself and each other.

1 comment: